Definitely getting into the festive mood now, The National Museum of Computing (TNMOC) at Bletchley Park, near Milton Keynes, is all set for some seasonal fun later in December!
And the sparkling line-up for their Christmas Bytes Festival includes robots, virtual reality, wearable tech, animation workshops, Arduino workshops, SoundBytes, code-breaking and more – all running between Running 19th-23rd and 27th-30th December this year.
Digital fun and games for all the family will be laid on every afternoon, 12 noon to 5pm, and you can see what’s on daily at TNMOC during the festival by following this link: What’s On at Christmas Bytes
Overall, the programme covers:
- See and play with robots
- Build & program your own robot
- See NAO robots in action!
Coding and building computer-controlled devices
- FUZE workshop introductions to coding
- Arduino workshops and display to inspire you to create and build your own devices – you need to Register for this HERE
- Scratch demos – controlling external devices like LEGO We-Do
- try out Ocado Rapid Router
Virtual Realty and wearable tech
- the latest in VR: Oculus Rift combined with a LEAP controller
- Google Glass
- convert your smartphone into a cut-down Oculus Rift!
- Use LEGO and animation software to enable you to create your own short animations.
- Create and mix music – digitally
- Meet Enigma and friends – crypto machines
and lots more!
The great news is, all this is covered by the normal TNMOC Entrance Fees!
For more information, check out The National Museum of Computing’s website, including their Visiting page.
Images courtesy TNMOC