Veteran retro gaming/arcade event organisers, Revival Retro Events, are almost ready to take the scene by storm once again, with REVIVAL Solstice 2016 due to take place over the weekend of 30-31 July at a completely new venue for the show, the Banks’s Stadium (previously known as Bescot Stadium) – the home of Walsall Football Club in the West Midlands!
After the event’s successful, albeit somewhat smaller, comeback event Winter Warmer 2015, last November, and previous big event successes, REVIVAL once again returns to large scale this summer with the aptly titled REVIVAL Solstice 2016.
New show plan
This new event marks the start of a new show plan for future REVIVAL events organised by the RRE team, headed up by Craig Turner, and brings back all the attractions of their previous fun-packed summer exhibitions.
This year’s event features already include:
- Over 100 playable retro consoles and computers
- Over 50 classic video arcade machines and pinball machines
- On-stage competitions and prizes
- A larger selection of traders offering various retro collectables
- The return of the guest talks panels and new gamer’s theatre
- Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer’s snack bar serving hot and cold food
- New large summer venue for up to 1000 visitors per day
- Easy transport access from M6 J9 and J10 and the Bescot Stadium railway station between Birmingham and Walsall.
- Choice of nearby hotels with direct rail and bus links to the venue